Posted to user@struts.apache.org by abhiram <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/22 19:19:23 UTC

Re: redirect to jsp when cancel button is pressed(without executing the corresponding action)

hi!! that was a smart way.. but i could make it work only in static html..and not in a jsp with struts tags. i want to use only struts tags .

it is working if i write it this way..

   ------
----------
--------
<form action="MyAccount.jsp">
   <input type="submit" value="cancel">
</form>

but if i write an <html:form> for the second form too.. it is not working.. as it was unable to identify mapping for the action /MyAccount (.jsp). i didnt understand what to write in my struts-config.

here is wat i wrote for the second form in this case

and in struts-config.xml,

<action path="/MyAccount" forward="/MyAccount.jsp"/>

please help me out.. and please suggest the many other options u mentioned

thanks,
abhiram

sriharsha.chevuru@wachovia.com wrote: One of many options, I can think over the top of my head is, use just that
button in a different form. Simple but I guess it would work.

abhiram
08/22/2007 08:30 AM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List"

struts forum
cc

Subject
redirect  to jsp when cancel button is pressed(without executing the
corresponding action)

Hi!! i have a small problem..

    in a particular jsp (which is a form), there is a cancel
button().

i just want to know how to redirect to another page when the cancel button
is pressed (instead of executing the corresponding Action of the form).

for instance.. there is a page called AddAddress.jsp which contains a form
to add a new address. it has two buttons submit and cancel. now i dont
want the newly entered address to enter the database when i press 'cancel'
(which happens when i click 'submit'), and instead i want to redirect to a
different jsp.
how to do this?

thanks,

      abhiram

 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Click here.
ForwardSourceID:NT00009F02