Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Aggarwal Amit <aa...@kodiaknetworks.com> on 2007/09/07 15:00:02 UTC

Not able to unzip .b64 extension

Hello,

I am trying to unzip a file with .b64 extension. Using unzip or gunzip,
I am not able to unzip it and it throws an error saying it is not a
valid zip file.
The file is created by openssl while signing a jar file. Can anyone tell
me how I can unzip this file with .b64 extension using ANT ?

Best Regards
Amit Aggarwal

Re: Not able to unzip .b64 extension

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
It is not a zip file.
it is a b64 file.
Most windows "zip" utilities look into the files to see
how there are encoded - for example tar.gz are treated as zip files.

according to
http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/Apache/openSSL.html
there is a command line de base 64 the file.
"openssl enc -d -base64 -in myfile.b64 -out myfile.decrypt"

Peter

Posted by "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Ro...@nike.com>.