Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mechravi25 <me...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/02/08 10:39:53 UTC

Query in starting solr 3.5

Hi,

I am using solr 3.5 version. I moved the data import handler files from solr
1.4(which I used previously) to the new solr. When I tried to start the solr
3.5, I got the following message in my log

WARNING: XML parse warning in "solrres:/dataimport.xml", line 2, column 95:
Include operation failed, reverting to fallback. Resource error reading file
as XML (href='solr/conf/solrconfig_master.xml'). Reason: Can't find resource
'solr/conf/solrconfig_master.xml' in classpath or
'/solr/apache-solr-3.5.0/example/multicore/core1/conf/',
cwd=/solr/apache-solr-3.5.0/example

The partial content of dataimport file that I used in solr1.4 is as follows

<xi:include href="solr/conf/solrconfig_master.xml"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
<xi:fallback>
<xi:include
href="/solr/apache-solr-3.5.0/example/multicore/IncludeFile/File1.xml"/>
<xi:include
href="/solr/apache-solr-3.5.0/example/multicore/IncludeFile/File2.xml"/>
<xi:include
href="/solr/apache-solr3.5.0/example/multicore/IncludeFile/File3"/>
</xi:fallback>
</xi:include>

The 3 files given in Fallback tag are present in the location. Does solr 3.5
support fallback? Can someone please suggest a solution?

Also, I got the following warnings in my log while starting solr 3.5

WARNING: the luceneMatchVersion is not specified, defaulting to LUCENE_24
emulation. You should at some point declare and reindex to at least 3.0,
because 2.4 emulation is deprecated and will be removed in 4.0. This
parameter will be mandatory in 4.0.

The solution i got after googling is to apply a patch. Is there any other
option other than applying this patch to overcome the warnings? Which is the
best option.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Query in starting solr 3.5

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: The partial content of dataimport file that I used in solr1.4 is as follows
:
: <xi:include href="solr/conf/solrconfig_master.xml"
: xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">

I *think* what happened there is that some fixes were made to what path
was used for relative includes -- before it was inconsistent and
undefined, and now it's a true relative path from where you do the
include.  so in your case, (i think) it is looking for
/solr/apache-solr-3.5.0/example/multicore/core1/conf/solr/conf/solrconfig_master.xml
and not finding it -- so just fix the path to be what you actually want it
to be realtive to that file

(If you look for SOLR-1656 in Solr's CHANGES.txt file it has all the
details)

: The 3 files given in Fallback tag are present in the location. Does solr 3.5
: support fallback? Can someone please suggest a solution?

I think the fallback should be working fine (particularly since they are
absolute paths in your case) ... nothing about that error says it's not,
it actually says it's using hte fallback because the include itself is
failing. (so unless you see a *subsequent* error you are getting the
fallbacks)

: WARNING: the luceneMatchVersion is not specified, defaulting to LUCENE_24
: emulation. You should at some point declare and reindex to at least 3.0,
: because 2.4 emulation is deprecated and will be removed in 4.0. This
: parameter will be mandatory in 4.0.
:
: The solution i got after googling is to apply a patch. Is there any other

citation please?  where did you read that you need a patch to get rid of
that warning?

This warning is just letting you know that in the absense of explicit
confiugration, it's assuming you want the legacy behavior you would get if
you explicitly configured the option with LUCENE_24.

if you add this line to your solrconfig.xml...

  <luceneMatchVersion>LUCENE_24</luceneMatchVersion>

...no behavior will change, and the warning will go away.  but as the
warning points out, you should give serious consideration (on every
upgrade) to wether or not you can re-index after upgrade, and then change
it to the current value (LUCENE_35) to eliminate some buggy behavior that
is supported for back compat with existing indexes.

-Hoss