Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Ron Clabo <Ro...@GiftOasis.com> on 2021/06/21 19:02:14 UTC

Additional LuceneNet website questions

Hey Shannon (Shazwazza) and anyone else with info on this,

1)      It's cool that when a file is committed to the asf-site branch of
the lucenenet-site repo at
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet-site/tree/asf-site it shows up on the
https://lucenenet.apache.org/ site almost immediately.  My understanding is
that the https://lucenenet.apache.org/ is served from an ASF managed server.
Is that correct?

2)      What is the sync mechanism that is used to get the files from ie
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet-site/tree/asf-site to the server hosting
https://lucenenet.apache.org/ and where is that code located and how often
does it run?

3)      What is the master branch of lucene-net site used for ie
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet-site/tree/master ?

4)      I added a new images directory by committing it along with a
subdirectory structure full of images to the asf-site branch and it now
appears at
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet-site/tree/asf-site/images/contributing/j
ava-lucene-4_8-setup   This directory and images are now live on the apache
site at:
https://lucenenet.apache.org/images/contributing/java-lucene-4_8-setup/
which is awesome.  But of course since I committed the changes directly to
the asf-site branch they don't show up in the master branch of the repo.
Was that a mistake on my part?  Should I have done that differently?  (this
question of course is directly related to question 3)

Thanks,

RonC

Re: Additional LuceneNet website questions

Posted by Shannon Deminick <sd...@gmail.com>.
IIRC things started in master and merged up to asf-site and then only
asf-site was used. You could merge them together and it shouldn't be a
problem if you wanted to.

Shannon

Posted by Ron Clabo - Git <Ro...@GiftOasis.com>.

Posted by Shannon Deminick <sd...@gmail.com>.