Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com> on 2007/05/31 20:39:33 UTC

Nasty null value bug in AbstractTextComponent (TextField, etc.) - WICKET-606

Hi folks,

TextField should be (by default) converting empty strings to nulls. This
is broken in trunk if your component uses an IObjectClassAwareModel
(e.g. PropertyModel).

This was presumably broken by the IObjectClassAwareModel stuff. ;-)

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-606

I'm busy for the rest of the day, but I'm sure this will be breaking
lots of things for people, so someone needs to look into it ASAP.

Best regards,

Al

--
Alastair Maw
Wicket-biased blog at http://herebebeasties.com

Re: Nasty null value bug in AbstractTextComponent (TextField, etc.) - WICKET-606

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
yes it will break if the property resolves to a String
the only fix is see quickly is to override getConverter in
AbstractTextComponent
like i described in the issue: