Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by arunkjn <ar...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/18 18:16:14 UTC

Understanding service grid

Hi,

I have a very basic beginner question. I followed the documentation for
service grid and I cannot understand why I would need a 'service'
abstraction when I can do the same work directly from an ignite client using
an EntryProcessor?

Re: Understanding service grid

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
EntryProcessor is used in IgniteCache#invoke which is a cache operation that
works with a particular entry. Service Grid can be used to deploy any kind
of services on the grid. These are two different features serving completely
different purposes.

-Val