Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Charlie Black <cb...@pivotal.io> on 2017/02/16 02:11:42 UTC

Project demonstrating indexing technique using quad trees

Hello fellow Apache Geode users.

I thought I would share a project with the community where I showcase how to add Geospatial indexing to Geode.   In this project I simulate vehicle sensors reporting thier geo location as they travel the California roadways.   Geode will be indexing the data for quick reference via a rest web service.

The Git Hub project has a small write up on what the project does.   I have also recorded a video where I walk though some of the code and demo the project.   Those links can be found below.

Topics covered in this project are:

Apache Geode - The most awesome in memory data grid there is.
Spring Data Geode - Simplifies using Geode with Spring.
Spring Boot - Makes it easy to make stand alone spring applications.

Github Project: https://github.com/charliemblack/geode-geospatial-index <https://github.com/charliemblack/geode-geospatial-index>

Youtube walkthrough and demo video: https://youtu.be/M4dtv2iyehY <https://youtu.be/M4dtv2iyehY>

Thanks,

Charlie

Re: Project demonstrating indexing technique using quad trees

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@pivotal.io>.
Amazing!!! Thank you Charlie!

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
Great stuff Charlie.
Thanks for sharing

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer, GemFire Product Manager

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
Nice work!

Posted by Hitesh Khamesra <hi...@yahoo.com>.
Awesome work CB !!!
Curious, How memory quad tree takes? Lets say we have 1 million locations(banks, hotels etc..) to track.

approx  = 1 million * 20 byte longitude * 20 byte latitude * ???
Thinking can we fit this into each node, so that query go to one node only by user location.
-Hitesh.

Posted by Lyndon Adams <ly...@gmail.com>.
Great work bud!!