Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Surapuraju, Vamsi" <vs...@pghlogistics.com> on 2006/05/16 18:10:16 UTC

Tobago opinions

Can anyone tell me pros and cons of using Tobago over Tomahawk or vice
versa? We are in the beginning of the project and I would like to get
some info about Tobago to make decision about which one to use.

Thanks in advance

Vamsi Surapuraju

"This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of Quadrivius, its subsidiaries, affiliates, or related companies, are
confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this email is addressed. Please notify the
sender by return email if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, retain, print,
disclose, or distribute this message or its contents to any other individual or entity. Quadrivius, its subsidiaries, affiliates or
related companies, reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this email address."

Re: Tobago opinions

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 5/17/06, Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Does this mean Tobago can't be used with other component libraries
> together? So one has to switch to Tobago completely?

http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/faq.html#tobago/myfaces%20extension

You can use non-rendering components (validators, converters, etc) but
not rendering components.

Re: Tobago opinions

Posted by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net>.
Hi.

> If Tobago components do everything you need, it's a good thing to use,
> especially if you want theme and layout support across all components.
> However, Tobago is not compatible with other JSF renderkits, so you
> cannot use other component libraries (like ADFFaces, Tomahawk,
> Jenia4Faces, etc).

Does this mean Tobago can't be used with other component libraries
together? So one has to switch to Tobago completely?

Bye.
/lexi

Re: Tobago opinions

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 5/16/06, Surapuraju, Vamsi <vs...@pghlogistics.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me pros and cons of using Tobago over Tomahawk or vice
> versa? We are in the beginning of the project and I would like to get some
> info about Tobago to make decision about which one to use.

If Tobago components do everything you need, it's a good thing to use,
especially if you want theme and layout support across all components.
 However, Tobago is not compatible with other JSF renderkits, so you
cannot use other component libraries (like ADFFaces, Tomahawk,
Jenia4Faces, etc).

Tomahawk is a standard JSF library and can be used interchangably with
all other compatible JSF libraries.