Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Dwane Lumley <dw...@datazone.co.za> on 2004/06/15 09:35:30 UTC

RE: Outgoing mail frozen...RemoteDelivery threads already at 30

Hi Noel, thanks for your help -

I assume you mean the mailet class in the config.xml file - if so then yes I
have already upped that to 30

<!-- The number of threads that should be trying to deliver outgoing
messages -->
<deliveryThreads> 30 </deliveryThreads>

This was the case from the beginning - I have also been monitoring the cpu
usage on the machine sending - it hardly makes an impression. Spikes to
around 14% every time a mail is sent. If the concurrent threads were working
I would expect the poor CPU to be suffering...

I did restart the machine totally yesterday, after doing that it started
sending again but it is now down from 1730 items in the outgoing mailbox to
1180 items. So it is still sending very slowly.. but it is sending.

PS: Thanks for the note about the DHCP pools, where would they get the DHCP
pool information from? Is there some kind of worldwide database detailing
this kind of thing?

Thanks...

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> <deliveryThreads> 30 </deliveryThreads>

You should look in the mailet log to see what is happening.  Also use
netstat to see how many concurrent sockets are open, and to where.

> PS: Thanks for the note about the DHCP pools, where would they get the
DHCP
> pool information from?

See such things as www.njabl.org, www.spamhaus.org, www.sorbs.net, etc.

	--- Noel