Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org> on 2014/12/16 10:16:49 UTC

Jenkins build became unstable: UIMAJ-SDK_java7 #208

See <https://builds.apache.org/job/UIMAJ-SDK_java7/208/changes>

Jenkins build is back to stable : UIMAJ-SDK_java7 #209

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
See <https://builds.apache.org/job/UIMAJ-SDK_java7/209/changes>

Re: Jenkins build became unstable: UIMAJ-SDK_java7 #208

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
This failed due to a quite itermittant failure of one test case.  Here's the
code for the failing test case:

  public void testLogWrapperCreation() throws Exception {
    // Set the root logger's level to INFO ... may not be the default
    java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger("").setLevel(java.util.logging.Level.INFO);

    org.apache.uima.util.Logger uimaLogger = JSR47Logger_impl.getInstance();
    org.apache.uima.util.Logger classLogger =
JSR47Logger_impl.getInstance(this.getClass());

    // check base configuration
    Assert.assertNotNull(uimaLogger);
    Assert.assertNotNull(classLogger);
    Assert.assertTrue(uimaLogger.isLoggable(Level.INFO));
    Assert.assertTrue(classLogger.isLoggable(Level.INFO));
  }

The next to last Assert occasionally fails.  I've seen this also occasionally
when running on my laptop. When I retry the failing test, it always just works.

I'm stumped - can anyone see a reason why this would occasionally fail?  (I did
try putting a Thread.sleep... before the asserts - and it still occasionally
failed... )

-Marshall