Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/02 23:32:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Samza version 0.8-incubating

This is a call for a vote on a release of Apache Samza 0.8.0
(incubating).  This is the second Incubator release from the podling
and was voted on by the PPMC (result thread: http://s.apache.org/4gb,
vote thread: http://s.apache.org/rfi).

The release candidate can be downloaded from here:

http://people.apache.org/~criccomini/samza-0.8.0-rc1/

The release candidate is signed with pgp key 980AF123CF9730D3, which
is included in the repository's KEYS file:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-samza.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;h=7c59d68a82a6b6172334725962583b2fa8071242;hb=HEAD

and can also be found on keyservers:

http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x980AF123CF9730D3

The git tag is release-0.8.0-rc1 and signed with the same pgp key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-samza.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-0.8.0-rc1

Test binaries have been published to Maven's staging repository, and
are available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesamza-1004/

135 issues were resolved for this release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20SAMZA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.8.0%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)

The vote will be open for 72 hours. Please download the release
candidate, check the hashes/signature, build it and test it, and then
please vote:

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 (binding) from me.

-Jakob

Re: [VOTE] Release Samza version 0.8-incubating

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

In the future, when sending out git tags, please include the commit id of
the tag and not the named tag.  named tags can be over written.

John

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.
This was worked out in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-283.

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Verified signature and checksum, DISCLAIMER, NOTICE, and LICENSE look
good (specifically, checked licensing for deps: jquery, bootstrap,
glyphicons, and fontawesome). Minor nits:

- the gradlew script and wrapper jar are missing from the top level
(referenced in docs; not sure whether it was omitted intentionally to
avoid distributing the jar)
- the HEADER and ome files at the top level may be build cruft

-C

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding).

ship it!

On 2 December 2014 at 22:32, Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a call for a vote on a release of Apache Samza 0.8.0
> (incubating).  This is the second Incubator release from the podling
> and was voted on by the PPMC (result thread: http://s.apache.org/4gb,
> vote thread: http://s.apache.org/rfi).
>
> The release candidate can be downloaded from here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~criccomini/samza-0.8.0-rc1/
>
> The release candidate is signed with pgp key 980AF123CF9730D3, which
> is included in the repository's KEYS file:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-samza.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;h=7c59d68a82a6b6172334725962583b2fa8071242;hb=HEAD
>
> and can also be found on keyservers:
>
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x980AF123CF9730D3
>
> The git tag is release-0.8.0-rc1 and signed with the same pgp key:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-samza.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-0.8.0-rc1
>
> Test binaries have been published to Maven's staging repository, and
> are available here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesamza-1004/
>
> 135 issues were resolved for this release:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20SAMZA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.8.0%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)
>
> The vote will be open for 72 hours. Please download the release
> candidate, check the hashes/signature, build it and test it, and then
> please vote:
>

> [ ] +1 approve
>
> [ ] +0 no opinion
>
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)