Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Ligade, Shailesh [USA]" <Li...@bah.com> on 2021/10/14 12:11:14 UTC

accumulo 1.10 client.conf

Hello,

did client.conf properties change between 1.10 and 2.x? I saw lot of documentation on it and trying to use it so that i can use shell commands from script

My current client.conf has

instance.name=xxxx
instance.zookeeeper=xxx:2181,yyy:2181
auth.type=PasswordToken
auth.principal=auser
auth.token=<token text generated suing create-token command - oblt text after PasswordToken: from the token file>

when I run accumulo shell --config-file <path and file name of client.conf'

It still asks me password. Shouldn't this work? Am I missing anything?

Thanks

-S

Re: accumulo 1.10 client.conf

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
The implementation of the client properties did change a bit, but it
shouldn't have fundamentally changed the behavior from the user
perspective. This might be a bug, or a gap in the documented expected
behavior. Please try to confirm your configuration is correct, and
consider filing a bug report at
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/issues with enough details to
reproduce the problem consistently, and we can investigate it.