Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ma...@Extern.Sparkassen-Informatik.de on 2007/02/07 14:42:03 UTC

Decorating portlets [Virus checked]

Hello all!

I've problems finding documentation for decorating single portlets. The
only information I found (
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-decorators.html) only
discusses writing Layout decoration.

Is there any place where I can find more information? Is there a reference
about the Velocity Context Attributes available in a portlet decorator?

For the moment, I've got the following problem: I want to pass arguments
from my portlet's Java code to the decorator of this portlet. How should
this be done? Putting attributes into the request does not seem to be the
right way since the request is the same for all portlets - the last put
value is used for all portlets with this decorator.

Can you help me?

Regards,

Marcus.

Antwort: Re: Decorating portlets [Virus checked]

Posted by Ma...@Extern.Sparkassen-Informatik.de.
I saw this thread but didn't realize that it has something to do with my
problem ... but you are right, it is exactly what I searched for!

Great help, thank you very much!!

Regards,

Marcus.

Re: Decorating portlets [Virus checked]

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Feb 7, 2007, at 5:42 AM, Marcus.Schmidtke@Extern.Sparkassen-
Informatik.de wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I've problems finding documentation for decorating single portlets.
> The
> only information I found (
> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-decorators.html)
> only
> discusses writing Layout decoration.
>
> Is there any place where I can find more information? Is there a
> reference
> about the Velocity Context Attributes available in a portlet
> decorator?
>
> For the moment, I've got the following problem: I want to pass
> arguments
> from my portlet's Java code to the decorator of this portlet. How
> should
> this be done? Putting attributes into the request does not seem to
> be the
> right way since the request is the same for all portlets - the last
> put
> value is used for all portlets with this decorator.

There was just a thread on this list yesterday that could help you.
See the thread titled "How can I hide portlet programmatically"
initiated by Vitaly.
He has come up with a solution that may help you