Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Keta Patel <ke...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/06 23:53:23 UTC

how to ensure that the rendering of the next page has completed (ambari-web)?

I want to perform resetting of certain properties only after rendering of
the next page has completed. The "didInsertElement" only indicates that the
rendering phase has started. It does not indicate that all the elements
have completely been inserted in the DOM.

Will using Ember's run queues (eg. 'actions', 'render') help in this issue?
The available queues used by the Ember framework in ambari-web are:
sync,actions,render,destroy,timers

*Issue where this is required:*
I am working on an issue related to multiple clicks of "Next" button while
installing a cluster. I need to reset some values in the submit function
which would make the "Next" button functional again. This is required for
cases when something fails in the server validation callback functions and
the user is required to click "Next" again to make the transition. However,
if the user happens to click after these values are reset, but before the
behavior). One of the fix I was thinking was to reset the values only after
the next page has completed rendering. Could anybody please provide some
suggestions for this issue?