Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com> on 2007/03/16 00:02:57 UTC

Configure failure with MSVC 8.0

Greetings all.

Within the result export script used to produce the
http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/ page, a bug exists such
that runs without a build log, a config.h file, and a config.log file
won't be included in the generated index page.  This bug needs to be
resolved at some point, but may not be the highest priority.  At the
moment, this results in a number of windows runs being excluded from the
results page.  One of these failures occurs when creating static builds
with the MSVC 8.0 compiler.  Attached is a copy of the config.log form
one such run.  This failure appears to be operating system and bitwidth
independent.  Farid, might you have any insight?

--Andrew Black

Re: Configure failure with MSVC 8.0

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Andrew Black wrote:
> Per Farid, this was resolved in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=518899 , and I confirm the
> resolution, so I don't think a Jira is required.

Great! (I must have missed the response.)

Martin

Posted by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com>.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

  The problem is in /D"" in command line:

Compiling with command "cl /c /EHsc /GS /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /GR
/MTd /Zi /Gm
/I"D:\bman5\builds\94716\source-buildspace\build\msvc-8.0\15s\include\te
sts" /I"d:\bman5\builds\94716\source-buildspace\include" /D""
/Fo"D:\bman5\builds\94716\source-buildspace\build\msvc-8.0\15s\include\t
ests\\"
/Fd"D:\bman5\builds\94716\source-buildspace\build\msvc-8.0\15s\include\t
ests\sanity.pdb"
"D:\bman5\builds\94716\source-buildspace\build\msvc-8.0\15s\include\test
s\sanity.cpp""

  The compiler skipped the next parameter (directory for the object
file) and created the sanity.obj file in the current directory.

  Fixed: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=518899

Farid.