Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicholas Hemley <Ni...@lhb.scot.nhs.uk> on 2003/04/23 15:19:51 UTC

[Newbie] Mapping a domain to a webapp

Hello,

I currently have a standalone tomcat 4.1.24 running an eXist XML
repository. An example URL would be something like
http://server.lhb.scot.nhs.uk:8080/exist/xmldb/db/project/docs/MIS_project_initiation.xml

I would now like to map a domain to these xml pages. i.e.
domain.lhb.scot.nhs.uk->http://server.lhb.scot.nhs.uk:8080/exist/xmldb/db/project/docs/MIS_project_initiation.xml

How would I do this? Using the Apache webserver + mod_jk2?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,
Nic Hemley

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only,

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.

The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.

Re: [Newbie] Mapping a domain to a webapp

Posted by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie>.
Well, in theory you don't need apache.  Tomcat can do virtual hosting but it
is best to use apache as a front end because of its flexibility and security
etc.

Look up the jakarta - tomcat web site for Tomcat configuration and look for
the "host" element there.  That should get you started.

Andoni.