Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Ron Tsoref <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 17:44:03 UTC

Real-world numbers

Has anybody released numbers of ATS performance in real-world scenario? I
mean, performance of ATS serving images, CSS/JavaScript files, etc. (I
don't mean 100 bytes objects servering performance, as this the only thing
I found.)

Anything related to the subject is more than welcome!

Ron

Re: Real-world numbers

Posted by "ming.zym@gmail.com" <mi...@gmail.com>.
http://people.apache.org/~zym/benchmark/20111116-cn62.txt

this is the status of reverse proxy working in my production env, normal
time.

FYI

在 2011-11-16三的 09:56 +0700,Hung Nguyen写道:

--
zym, Zhao Yongming.
aka: yonghao @ taobao.com

Re: Real-world numbers

Posted by Hung Nguyen <it...@gmail.com>.
We're using ATS in production too. In our environment, we use ATS as
reverse proxy, serving thousands of connection for social games and
website, behind IP virtual server. Till now, I dont have anything to
complaint about ATS but, look at result of our benchmarking and service
monitoring, ATS is as good as SQUID and Varnish currently do, I meant 3 are
good and I dont see TS is better.
We dont use clustering function, because it's (maybe) broken or untested,
undocumented, and maybe not stable, we cannot bring it to production
environment.
I attach to this email screenshot of IP virtual server, it shows number of
connection ATS is serving for our social game. Hope it's worth to let you
give ATS a try.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Mav Peri <ma...@optasports.com> wrote:

> We are using ATS in production and we have seen it serving up to around up
> to 5k requests per second on dynamic content.  This was in a cluster of EC2
> instances and not a single physical server with several objects being in
> the kb.
>
> It works well but if the origin server becomes congested ATS is missing
> functionality to serve stale if congested. I have observed that this
> results in ATS being unable to catch up under heavy load even if the origin
> server is not congested. Eventually it does catch up but the behaviour is
> far from desirable.
>
> Another big limitation at present is that the ICP functionality is broken
> and there is no proper documentation on implementing parent http (if that
> would be suitable) so you will have to rely on trial and error and any help
> the guys on this mailing can provide. The lack of ICP is not to be
> underestimated. It is a waste of resources which increases load on your
> origin servers.
>
> From: Ron Tsoref <ch...@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:44:03 +0200
> To: <us...@trafficserver.apache.org>
> Subject: Real-world numbers
>
> Has anybody released numbers of ATS performance in real-world scenario? I
> mean, performance of ATS serving images, CSS/JavaScript files, etc. (I
> don't mean 100 bytes objects servering performance, as this the only thing
> I found.)
>
> Anything related to the subject is more than welcome!
>
> Ron

---
hungnv

Re: Real-world numbers

Posted by Mav Peri <ma...@optasports.com>.
Please note I am not part of the team that looks after ATS. I started
using ATS soon after it was made available.

Up to a couple of months ago we couldn't get ATS to work with ICP and the

Re: Real-world numbers

Posted by Jan Algermissen <al...@mac.com>.
Mav,

Re: Real-world numbers