Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gi...@iint.com on 2000/07/13 18:37:13 UTC

How to add new media types for other browsers

Hi, we need your help.

We are testing cocoon XSLT with several different browsers such as wap, palm III
and palm VII. We are using
different media types to link to the different stylsheets. For WAP and IE5, the
system picks the right stylsheet,
and everything works. However, we keep getting error message
"org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException:Could not associated stylesheet
to document: no matching stylesheet for explorer at .." on palm III and a blank
screen for palm VII.

We have done the followings. Please call 415-904-6682 if you need details.

1. Added the statement "browser.13 = palmIII=MOZILLA/1."  and  "browser.14 =
palmIII=MOZILLA/2.0"
to the cocoon.properties file in a right order.
(we have changed the search token to Mozilla/1, Mozilla, or 1, and put the
statement as the first on the list)

browser.0 = explorer=MSIE
browser.1 = pocketexplorer=MSPIE
browser.2 = handweb=HandHTTP
browser.3 = avantgo=AvantGo
browser.4 = imode=DoCoMo
browser.5 = opera=Opera
browser.6 = lynx=Lynx
browser.7 = java=Java
browser.8 = wap=Nokia
browser.9 = wap=UP
browser.10 = wap=Wapalizer
browser.11 = mozilla5=Mozilla/5
browser.12 = mozilla5=Netscape6/
browser.13 = palmIII=MOZILLA/1.
browser.14 = palmIII=MOZILLA/2.0
browser.15 = netscape=Mozilla

2. Added stylesheet statement to the testing .xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="../xsl/palmVII.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="palmVII"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="../xsl/palmIII.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="palmIII"?>

<?xml-stylesheet href="../xsl/wap.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="wap"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<head>
     <title>DM Work Management Logon</title>
</head>

 3. Created stylesheet files as indicated above on href attribute.

Thanks,
Gina Hua

Re: How to add new media types for other browsers

Posted by Steven Ng <st...@mouseplanet.com>.
Follow up -- Of course, you can also limit the amount of content
going to the Palm VII to 1K or less :)

Steven

--
Steven Ng
PGP Public Key - http://members.iex.net/~skng/sng-PublicKey.txt

Re: How to add new media types for other browsers

Posted by Steven Ng <st...@mouseplanet.com>.