Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Heiko Korndorf <he...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/02 17:09:20 UTC

[Axis2] ClassNotFoundException when executing axis2server.bat on W2K - %AXIS2_CLASS_PATH% cut off ?

Hi,

I have downloaded Axis2 1.1.1 (standard binary distribution) and I can start the Axis2 Standalone Server (axis2server.bat) without a problem on my WinXP machine.  When I execute the same procedure on my Win2000 computer, startup of axis2server.bat fails with a ClassNotFoundException, though.  The reason seems to be that the %AXIS2_CLASS_PATH% only contains the last 7 jar files in %AXIS2_HOME%\lib, instead of all of the 43 jar files in the lib folder.

The FOR loop in axis2server.bat which concatenates all the lib/*.jar files into %AXIS2_HOME% seems to work fine, but I suspect that under Win2000 there is a length constraint for windows environment variables which causes the rest of the string to be cut off.

Any hints on how to resolve that issue ?

Thanks & Best regards,
Heiko

RE: [Axis2] ClassNotFoundException when executing axis2server.bat on W2K - %AXIS2_CLASS_PATH% cut off ?

Posted by Ted Jones <Tj...@metamatrix.com>.
You could extract all the jars and create a single Axis2.jar. An ANT
script would be the way to go if you chose this route.

Good luck,
Ted