Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Matt Topol <zo...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/08 15:24:15 UTC

Request for Patch release of 10.0.1

Hey all,

On JIRA[1] there was a request by Laurent who is working on the Open
Telemetry Beta using Arrow as their transport to release a fix in a patch
release as v10.0.1. I've opened up a draft PR[2] which cherry-picks the
change onto the maint-10.0.0 branch as a preliminary step to getting
feedback and potentially calling for a Vote to perform such a release.

So I guess, this is where I ask for people's opinions and thoughts as far
as potentially performing this patch release as it would need to be voted
on by the PMC to do so.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks everyone!

additional color you can provide as far as needing the patch release vs
using master etc. would be beneficial. Thanks!

--Matt

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-18274
[2]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/14608

Re: Request for Patch release of 10.0.1

Posted by Matt Topol <zo...@gmail.com>.
Ah perfect! I missed that one. I'll go add that to the JIRA card.

Thanks much!

--Matt

Posted by Joris Van den Bossche <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Matt,