Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/26 00:28:26 UTC

build stalled...

I built Roller 5.1.1 with JDK 8, with the pom's compiler plugin
configured to build with 1.7.  The build works fine on both JDK 7 and
JDK 8, both Tomcat 7 and Tomcat 8 for me *locally* but for some reason
it's not working when I try to host it on my OpenShift blog (which uses
JDK 7 and Tomcat 7).  One difference might be that the OpenShift already
has a 5.1.0 database on it, while the others start 5.1.1 with an empty DB.

5.1.1, when placed on a 5.1.0 instance, asks users if they want to
upgrade database tables.  No tables are upgraded though (as expected as
there is none to upgrade) but failures subsequently occur when trying to
read the blog pages.  URL's that would show a blog page like
https://web-gmazza.rhcloud.com/blog continually return 404s. However,
links such as https://web-gmazza.rhcloud.com/roller-ui/login.rol that
don't go to a blog page seem to work OK, but the subsequent page after a
successful log in fails.  When I revert back to 5.1.0, everything's OK
again.

I'm going to try a local install of 5.1.0, then try to upgrade to 5.1.1,
if that works I'll post the builds for others to evaluate. If that fails
even locally, more work is needed...  :/

Glen

Re: [VOTE RESUMED] Re: [VOTE] Release Roller 5.1.1

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps we can add a warning on the stylesheet tab, just like we have on
the templates tab, to back up your stylesheets before switching between
custom and shared.

I wanted to make sure with that JIRA that when a user chooses shared
theme X he gets shared theme X and not shared theme X looking funny
because it's still using custom stylesheet Y.  Under the old system, if
the user hit the stylesheet page after switching to a shared theme the
old stylesheet gets activated causing the blog to look funny.

As a practical matter, those on custom rarely flip back to shared,
because they already have their custom stuff they want in their custom
theme.  Further, many/most of the custom themes provide an option of
doing your stylesheet config on the templates tab and ignoring the
custom stylesheet on the stylesheet tab (fauxcoly and gaurav for
example), those would be saved between custom/shared switches.

Glen

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

[FAILED...] Re: [VOTE] Release Roller 5.1.1

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Roller 5.1.1

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
+1 for release

- Dave

[VOTE] Release Roller 5.1.1

resuming... Re: build stalled...

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Continuing testing, incidentally, Dave you'll need to make this change
to your blog's database when upgrading to 5.1.1 as it was a last-second
addition prior to releasing the official 5.1.0 (you're on the snapshot
just before 5.1.0):

alter table weblog add defaultplugins varchar(255);

(This may be the problem I had with my OpenShift blog, still checking...)

Glen