Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/11/08 19:35:18 UTC

what is right way to add jdk1.5 specific calls to derby?

In trying to suggest the correct path to take for DERBY-666,
I was surprised by some code I saw in BaseMonitor.java for

Is the following the correct way to add a 1.5 specific feature:
1) add a 1.5 module to be loaded by the monitor - usually a
   very small class that extends an existing Factory and is
   there to just provide the specific feature necessary.

2) update modules.properties to load the new 1.5 factory if
   appropriate.  Follow the J1,J2,J4 pattern but add J5.

3) Make BaseMonitor changes to support the new J5 stuff.

Re: what is right way to add jdk1.5 specific calls to derby?

Posted by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM>.
If it is, then it would be great to document this (or whatever the final
guidelines are) on the Derby Wiki page...

David