Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Poseidon Olympian <wp...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/15 18:48:08 UTC

ActiveMQ: Could not post JMS message

Hello,

Would like to ask for some help and assistance on my issue.

I have setup and configured the ActiveMQ with the use of the security and
encryption. I have followed everything on the site in setting up an
encrypted broker using a simple authentication plugin. Everything works but
NOT on when posting a message or browsing queues from the console.

   - https://activemq.apache.org/encrypted-passwords

I'm getting message exception below whenever I hit the queues or run a curl
command.
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not post JMS message:
javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: User name [system] or password is invalid.

I hope you are able to help me to resolve this issue?

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards...

Re: ActiveMQ: Could not post JMS message

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Did you update conf/jetty.xml ? It’s the configuration specifically for the webcontainer hosting the webconsole.

Regards
JB

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
From the error message, it appears that the command line tool is attempting
to connect as a user named system. You could define that user in your Jetty
configuration (adding it to one of the groups that are authorized to access
that destination). I'm not sure how to know what password goes with that
username, so check the activemq-admin script's source or maybe try some
reasonable defaults (blank, "system", "admin", etc.).

Tim

Posted by Poseidon Olympian <wp...@gmail.com>.
 Hello ActiveMQ Community,

Posted by Poseidon Olympian <wp...@gmail.com>.