Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2003/03/18 03:42:31 UTC

Problem with ContinuationsManagerImpl

Hi there,

I see that there is a problem with ContinuationsManagerImpl class. Also
it may seem that this is proper Avalon component, it's not. It is used
directly from two places:
 * WebContinuation.java
 * JSCocoon.java

And first one AFAIU is publicly accessible object. Which means that one
can't change implementation class as one should be able to do with
Avalon component.

ContinuationsManagerImpl is used directly because of two methods:
 * generateContinuationId(WebContinuation)
 * displayAllContinuations()

Either we have to add these two methods to the ContinuationsManager
interface or modify implementation to remove this coupling.

I propose following changes:
 * Iterator iterateAllContinuations() instead of displayAllContinuations
 * Generate continuation ID in the manager and pass it to the
continuation via its contructor, thus no need for public method
generateContinuationId

Thoughts?

Vadim