Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2002/09/30 09:22:06 UTC

[Announce] CyberNeko Tools for XNI 2002.09.30 Available

With the release of Xerces-J 2.2.0, some XNI changes
were introduced which required updates to most of the
NekoXNI tools. I've made the changes so that the tools
can be compiled/run with all versions of Xerces2
starting with 2.0.0 through 2.2.0. (The only one that
can't be built with the new version of Xerces2 is
NekoStyle because Xalan-J has not yet been updated
to work with Xerces-J 2.2.0.)

The following tools required updates:

   * NekoHTML (HTML parser)
   * NekoDTD (DTD converter)
   * ManekiNeko (RelaxNG validator)
   * NekoPull (XML pull-parser)

In addition, the following changes and improvements
were made to the NekoHTML parser:

   * implemented scanning of processing instructions;
   * improved performance of HTMLElements#getElement
     method inspired by Sam Cheung;
   * changed tag balancer algorithm as requested by
     Mike Bowler so that it does not close the <body>
     element to insert a proper parent element;
   * fixed <isindex> proper parent bug and <script>
     empty element tag bug reported by Mike Bowler;
   * fixed bug reported by YingLCS that a <form> tag
     would prematurely close a <p> tag.

You can download the latest tools from my Apache
web site:

   http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/index.html

Enjoy!

--