Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/16 05:10:37 UTC

Question about generating the markdown pages for the Drill site

Hello Devs,

I am currently trying to publish a blog post for the 1.5 release before I
send out the announcement to the mailing list, and I am having a little
trouble with the Jekyll site generation.

I pulled down the latest gh-pages branch and wrote a new blog post based on
a draft from Bridget:
https://github.com/jaltekruse/incubator-drill/commit/0e88b88a6acd4dcfe61ef849c4ed13aa878485d7

When I went to go generate the site using the commands from the readme on
the gh-pages branch I am getting errors for old doc pages that are missing
dates. I can fix each of the pages by editing it and committing to cause
the date auto-generation, but it appears that there are quite a few pages
missing the dates.

Are these the up-to-date commands that have been used recently? Is there
something I should be doing to make it skip the missing dates?

(taken from the readme page)

jekyll build --config _config.yml,_config-prod.yml
_tools/createdatadocs.py
jekyll build --config _config.yml,_config-prod.yml

Thanks in advance for any help!
Jason