Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Johan Huylebroeck <Jo...@realdolmen.com> on 2016/07/29 10:32:20 UTC

SCM-677

Hello,
I recently bumped into a known bug SCM-677 when using the scm plugin with subversion.
I think that a relatively easy, though svn specific, solution could be implemented by first adding all directories leading up to the file(s) before adding the file.
Suppose I want to add file A/B/c. The svnAddCommand could first do  "svn add -depth=empty A A/B" and then "svn add A/B/c"
This may result in some (harmless) warning if the directories are already in svn but is relatively simple to implement.
Would you be willing to accept a patch that implements this?

Kind regards,

Johan

Re: SCM-677

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2016-07-29 um 20:25 schrieb Johan Huylebroeck:
> Hello,
> I wasn't aware of this "--parent" option.
> That is indeed the simplest solution.
> Next 2 weeks I'm offline but after that I'll be happy to contribute to a patch.

Good. Prepare a patch, add appropriate unit tests and ping me in the
ticket. I will review and apply.

RE: SCM-677

Re: SCM-677

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.