Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com> on 2005/12/10 23:31:40 UTC

LDAP example web app

I created the application for a LDAP Demo app, added a config, and
edited the assemblies in head for Jetty and Tomcat.

I checked this in to head...but it doesn't seem to want to start
automatically.  I have to start it form the console (or command line).

Can someone explain how to get these to autostart?

Also it appears the jetty assembly is running Tomcat in head.

If I can get the app to start automatically, I will move this over to
the 1.0 branch.

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: LDAP example web app

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Hernan,

Thanks!  But...I took most of the sample from your very awesome doc ;-)

I just added to the index.html that explains it all.

Do you still want the app?

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: LDAP example web app

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Re: LDAP example web app

Posted by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net>.

Jeff Genender wrote:
> I created the application for a LDAP Demo app, added a config, and
> edited the assemblies in head for Jetty and Tomcat.
>
> I checked this in to head...but it doesn't seem to want to start
> automatically.  I have to start it form the console (or command line).
>
> Can someone explain how to get these to autostart?

I see that you already found config.xml..

> Also it appears the jetty assembly is running Tomcat in head.
>
> If I can get the app to start automatically, I will move this over to
> the 1.0 branch.

You may want to consider adding this to the list of examples on the
welcome page (applications/welcome/src/webapp/index.jsp) as well as
adding an entry to:
http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Samples+for+Apache+Geronimo

Also, the "installer" should include this app in the list of apps that
are layed down when "samples/examples" are selected.