Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Szemere Szemere <sz...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/06 19:56:40 UTC

[T5] Jetty issues after using Tomcat

I experimented with Tomcat Maven plugin today and got my app working fine.
However when switching back to using Jetty (mvn jetty:run), I started to get
a strange error message:

2008-03-06 18:38:16.990::WARN:  Failed startup of context
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@18c8aea{
/appname,/home/user/appname}
java.lang.RuntimeException: Service id 'HibernateEntityPackageManager' has
already been defined by
org.apache.tapestry.hibernate.HibernateModule.build(Collection)
(at HibernateModule.java:45) and may not be redefined by
org.apache.tapestry.hibernate.HibernateModule.build(Collection) (at
HibernateModule.java:45). You should rename one of the service builder
methods.
        at org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.<init>(
RegistryImpl.java:175)

I've tried a number of things to make it work e.g. cleaning source, but to
no avail. Anyone with thoughts as to the problem?

Szemere

Re: [T5] Jetty issues after using Tomcat

Posted by Szemere Szemere <sz...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks - that was it.

My problem; having dug deeper now and lest anyone else runs into this; was
that:
<code> mvn war:inplace tomcat:inplace </code>
creates lib+classes directories under src\main\webapp\WEB-INF  and <code>mvn
clean</code> doesn't get rid of them. Deleting these 2 directories did the
trick.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
Make sure the hibernate module is only being included once in your
environment. It's possible to end up with one in WEB-INF/lib and then
a classpath that also points to it somewhere else.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Szemere Szemere
<sz...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I experimented with Tomcat Maven plugin today and got my app working fine.
> However when switching back to using Jetty (mvn jetty:run), I started to get
> a strange error message:
>
> 2008-03-06 18:38:16.990::WARN:  Failed startup of context
> org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@18c8aea{
> /appname,/home/user/appname}
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Service id 'HibernateEntityPackageManager' has
> already been defined by
> org.apache.tapestry.hibernate.HibernateModule.build(Collection)
> (at HibernateModule.java:45) and may not be redefined by
> org.apache.tapestry.hibernate.HibernateModule.build(Collection) (at
> HibernateModule.java:45). You should rename one of the service builder
> methods.
>        at org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.<init>(
> RegistryImpl.java:175)
>
> I've tried a number of things to make it work e.g. cleaning source, but to
> no avail. Anyone with thoughts as to the problem?
>
> Szemere

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.