Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by lashemale <la...@yahoo.fr> on 2012/06/13 13:04:46 UTC

Re: Getting the IP Address of SOAP Clients (works for REST clients but, not for SOAP clients)

Hello,

I tried both solutions (i use only SOAP client).
I try several times since 2 weeks, that never work, i have not the good
adress.
That gives me IP adress of the web service, not the IP adress of the SOAP
client where i call the web service.

I try getRemoteAddr(), getLocalAddr(), getLocalName(), etc.

Before becoming mad, is anybody know why ? ;-)

arnaud

Re: Getting the IP Address of SOAP Clients (works for REST clients but, not for SOAP clients)

Posted by Ted <r6...@gmail.com>.
sorry I'm out of ideas, I use tomcat 7 / cxf 2.6.1 / oraclejdk 1.6 all on
fedora 16 x86_64, and it works for me so I'd say it might be something to
do with your setup but I don't have any more ideas off hand.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:47 AM, lashemale <la...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> no proxy.
> my server is jonas, i tried also with tomcat.
> there's no proxy on my computer in front of jonas or tomcat

Ted.

Re: Getting the IP Address of SOAP Clients (works for REST clients but, not for SOAP clients)

Posted by lashemale <la...@yahoo.fr>.
no proxy.

Posted by Ted <r6...@gmail.com>.
you sure it's not because of a proxy you have in place in front of it or
something?

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM, lashemale <la...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I tried this before. Same result... I get the adress of the web service,
> not
> the adress of my client ;-(

Ted.

Re: Getting the IP Address of SOAP Clients (works for REST clients but, not for SOAP clients)

Posted by lashemale <la...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by Ted <r6...@gmail.com>.
I can get the calling IP, but I do it from the In-Interceptor

        HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)
message.get(AbstractHTTPDestination.HTTP_REQUEST);
        String ip = request.getRemoteAddr();

the above is what I use to get it.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM, lashemale <la...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried both solutions (i use only SOAP client).
> I try several times since 2 weeks, that never work, i have not the good
> adress.
> That gives me IP adress of the web service, not the IP adress of the SOAP
> client where i call the web service.
>
> I try getRemoteAddr(), getLocalAddr(), getLocalName(), etc.
>
> Before becoming mad, is anybody know why ? ;-)
>
> arnaud

Ted.