Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajiv Ramanasankaran <ra...@altec.org> on 2002/10/08 19:38:05 UTC

Two problems-threadDeath and Properties file

hi,

I am using Tomcat 4.0.1 . Whenever I start tomcat, I get the following
error.The web application runs but a lot slower. I ran the same application
in tomcat 3.2 and it doesn't give me any of these errors and its FAST. The
output of the tomcat log file is shown below. I don't know what
'threaddeath' means but surely, it slows down the loading of the pages.

I am facing one more problem. I have a properties file for
internationalization . I am able to read that file without any problem using
tomcat 3.2, but again Tomcat 4.0.1(I tested this under both windows and
linux) just reads 'null' values from the properties file. The properties
file is in '/conf/sys.properties". Is there a need for the properties file
to be in the same directory which has the class file which loads these
properties. I tried that too but that doesn't work either!! I also tried
putting the file in the 'Classes' directory but it too doesn't work.

Has anybody faced the same problems??? Thanks for the help in advance.

Rajiv
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
MonitorFilter::java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:782)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:682)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:780)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:682)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection
.java:571)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.NotifyUtil$Command.run(NotifyUtil.ja
va:391)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
MonitorFilter::java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort:
JVM_recv in socket input stream read
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:116)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:222)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:277)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:721)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:682)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:692)
[...]
MonitorFilter::java.lang.ThreadDeath
        at java.lang.Thread.stop(Thread.java:635)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.NotifyUtil.sendTransaction(NotifyUti
l.java:327)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.NotifyUtil.notifyServer(NotifyUtil.j
ava:116)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter
.java:303)
        at
FilterChain.java:213)
        at
ain.java:193)
        at
va:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
va:201)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
46)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.catalina.MonitorValve.invoke(MonitorValve.j
ava:142)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
java:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
:163)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
1011)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1106
)