Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov> on 2011/12/14 22:02:02 UTC

Asymmetric load

What could be the reason I see unequal loads on a 3-node cluster?
This all started happening during repairs (which again are not going
smoothly).

Maxim

Re: How to find out when a nodetool operation has ended?

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Cassandra would not have access to 'wall' as was is very unix-ish and
Cassandra is written in java so it has to be highly portable across
operating systems.

Posted by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl>.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov>.

Posted by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl>.
You might consider:
- installing DataStax OpsCenter ( http://www.datastax.com/products/opscenter
 )
- starting the repair in a linux screen (so you can attach to the screen
from another location)

I prefer the OpsCener.

Re: Asymmetric load

Posted by Dominic Williams <dw...@fightmymonster.com>.
Btw anyone having problems with repair might like to follow proposal for
different system:

With this system you would only need to run repair to ensure all data has
maximum redundancy across the cluster (which also increases consistency for
ConsistencyLevel.ONE reads). The tombstone buildup that can kill
performance would be automatically prevented, so you wouldn't need to run
with low GCSeconds values, and there would no longer be the risk of data
corruption when repair can't be run within the GCSeconds window

Re: Asymmetric load

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.