Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2003/09/03 04:13:56 UTC

[ANN] Commons Lang 2.0 released!

The Commons Lang team are proud to announce the version 2.0 release of
their set of Java libraries which enhance the standard Java core of
java.lang and java.util.

The Lang webpage may be seen at http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang.html.

There have been lots of additions, some changes and a bunch of
deprecations. The release notes available at
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/lang/RELEASE-NOTES.txt give an
overview of the new version, but the JDiff output at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/Commons-Lang-1.0.1-to-2.0/changes.html
is the most in depth description of the changes since Lang 1.0.1.

Any bugs, complaints and ideas for improvements are all gratefully
received via Bugzilla or the Commons-User mail list, both linked to from
the Commons Lang webpage.

Henri Yandell

RE: [ANN] Commons Lang 2.0 released!

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Thanks for reminding me :)

Hen

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:

> Give a yell when it's up on ibiblio/maven.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/hivemind/
> http://javatapestry.blogspot.com

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Yell.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

"Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net> wrote on 03/09/2003 12:30:34
PM:

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Hi,

This looks interesting... Dare I ask how much of this is meant to be
applet-friendly.

This looks to be enhancement, there is no more something like a static
System.getProperties() which I think I remember having seen earlier.
And System.getProperty() seem to restricted to allowed ones.

However I see the use of the Class.getDeclaredConstructors() or
Class.getDeclaredFields() at many places. Although this sounds to be a
good design approach it is sadly not applet-friendly... (ask Sun why, I
never understood, they say it's to understand the class and possibly
reverse-engineer or something like that).

And maybe there are other issues.
I shall start proposing patches  when I'll use it in this setting but I
would look forward to hear if other people use it in a sandboxed way
(e.g. JNLP no-permissions, or applets).

Thanks.

Paul