Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by MikeNow <mi...@onwelo.com> on 2017/08/03 13:51:39 UTC

Re: Does hibernate work in karaf 4.1 (it does in 4.0)?

I can attest that this bug does in fact occur even with "vanilla" Karaf
Hibernate features.

I created a minimal test case:

https://github.com/Mike-Now/Karaf-Tutorial/tree/master/cxf/personservice-rest

Just run:

mvn clean install

and add features.xml to your karaf instance.

If, by luck, the karaf instance won't freeze while installing bundle "tut",
you will
be presented with:

"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl not
found by org.hibernate.validator".

Re: Does hibernate work in karaf 4.1 (it does in 4.0)?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I didn't have time to validate the feature before the release. Let me take a
look and try to reproduce.

Regards
JB

On 08/09/2017 01:32 PM, MikeNow wrote:
> Karaf 4.1.2 has been released. Could you confirm or deny that
> Hibernate Validator (builtin feature) does not work in Karaf?
>
> I am haunted either by ScriptException class not found or
> ExpressionFactoryImpl class not found exceptions.
> I tried every possible configuration from frequently referenced:
> https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-validator/blob/5.4/osgi/integrationtest/src/test/java/org/hibernate/validator/osgi/integrationtest/OsgiIntegrationTest.java

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Does hibernate work in karaf 4.1 (it does in 4.0)?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

thanks for the update.

We are preparing the 4.1.2 release. I will take a look just after.

Regards
JB