Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Fraley, Taylor" <Ta...@Level3.com> on 2006/11/10 00:16:25 UTC

Problem with tomahawk calendar in remote browser

First, let me say I'm relatively new to myfaces and tomahawk, so please
be kind :)

So, I'm using:

myfaces 1.1.4
tomahawk 1.1.3
tomcat 5.5

I'm using the Tomahawk calendar as a popup.  Everything works great
locally on my development machine where everything is running, in both
IE7 and Firefox 2.  But when the page is rendered in a remote browser,
all that displays is the calendar's input text box, sans button.  IE 6
on a remote machine reports the following javascript error:

Line: 136
Char: 1
Error: 'org_apache_myfaces_PopupCalendar' is undefined
Code: 0

The generated source is identical between the local browser and the
remote.  My guess is that there's something up with my web.xml, or
perhaps a problem on Tomcat or something.  I'll paste my web.xml below.
If anyone has any pointers or insight, that would be great.

Thanks,
Taylor

----> web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.4"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"

<display-name>IDDReports</display-name>

<description>Idd Reporting Application</description>

<context-param>

<param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>

<param-value>client</param-value>

</context-param>

<servlet>

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<url-pattern>/reports/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>

<url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>

<url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

<filter>

<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-
class>

</filter>

<filter-mapping>

<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>

</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>

<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>

<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>

</filter-mapping>

</web-app>

RE: Problem with tomahawk calendar in remote browser

Posted by buzo <sh...@yahoo.ca>.

Fraley, Taylor wrote:

> Yup, I was able to track it down.  Thanks for the help!
>
> Taylor

Can you please share your solution? I have the same issue...

Change severity of the MyFaces Log?

Posted by Chris Pro <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hi

I use Facelets with JSTL functions like "if" and choose. I use the JSTL to decide if a user will see an inputField or not. I won't use the rendered attribute of the JSF element (Too large UI-Tree).
Anyway, sometimes the panelGrid will not render a  "multiple of the columns attribute" -> the last 2 elements are not rendered.
Thus the console will write following warning:

10.11.2006 08:06:13 org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlGridRendererBase renderChildren
WARNUNG: PanelGrid savePersForm:_id109 has not enough children. Child count should be a multiple of the columns attribute.

Is there any chance to disable or change (only error severity) the MyFaces Log?

I'd appreciate any comments!

Chris

RE: Problem with tomahawk calendar in remote browser

Posted by "Fraley, Taylor" <Ta...@Level3.com>.
Yup, I was able to track it down.  Thanks for the help!

Taylor

> First, let me say I'm relatively new to myfaces and tomahawk, so
> please be kind :)
>
> So, I'm using:
>
> myfaces 1.1.4
> tomahawk 1.1.3
> tomcat 5.5
>
> I'm using the Tomahawk calendar as a popup.  Everything works great
> locally on my development machine where everything is running, in both
> IE7 and Firefox 2.  But when the page is rendered in a remote browser,

> all that displays is the calendar's input text box, sans button.  IE 6

> on a remote machine reports the following javascript error:
>
> Line: 136
> Char: 1
> Error: 'org_apache_myfaces_PopupCalendar' is undefined
> Code: 0
>
> The generated source is identical between the local browser and the
> remote.  My guess is that there's something up with my web.xml, or
> perhaps a problem on Tomcat or something.  I'll paste my web.xml
> below.  If anyone has any pointers or insight, that would be great.
I would guess that the remote browser is failing to fetch the
stylesheets for the calendar (and possibly icons etc).

The generated page will be referring to various resource files back on
the original server; these references will be using a special URL that
gets intercepted by the myfaces ExtensionsFilter to locate and return
the appropriate resource from inside the tomahawk jarfile. If it's
working on your machine, then it looks like the ExtensionsFilter is ok
though. I don't know what would be different about the remote system in
this regard.

You might want to turn on logging output, and see what differences there
are in the messages logged by the ExtensionsFilter when accessed locally
vs remotely.

Regards,

Simon

Re: Problem with tomahawk calendar in remote browser

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.