Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ma...@aol.com on 2002/09/09 00:02:34 UTC

connecting tomcat with apache

Hey there;
    I've tried to connect tomcat to apache using Jserv...downloaded jserv and
jsdk 2.0
when I run apache I get a fatal error in jserv saying my wrapper is not set
for jsdk or the dll for jserv...........any ideas

                        thanx mac

Re: connecting tomcat with apache

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 Machollinger1@aol.com wrote:

> Hey there;
>     I've tried to connect tomcat to apache using Jserv...downloaded jserv and
> jsdk 2.0
> when I run apache I get a fatal error in jserv saying my wrapper is not set
> for jsdk or the dll for jserv...........any ideas

Well, my idea is that jserv/jsdk is ancient, and that you shouldn't
bother trying to figure out what the problem is.  mod_jk is probably
the way to go.  I'd try that, probably your best bet is searching the
list archives for posts that deal with finding the appropriate
mod_jk.so/mod_jk.dll for your platform, maybe you can even find one
that you can download to save you the hassle of building it yourself.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu