Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by js...@odshp.com on 2000/12/08 19:19:25 UTC

Re: Question...

Tod Thomas says:
> I think that SSI is compiled into Apache by default, to enable it you
> should only need to uncomment the appropriate AddHandler directive in
> httpd.conf.  Do an ./httpd -l and look for mod_include.c.  My
> understanding is that using JSP's providea better performance though :)

On this specific box, I have an apache I compiled myself.  SSI doesn't
work so I'm assuming that I left it out somehow.  I wouldn't have
noticed since I don't use static SSI normally.  I noticed when I moved
some pages that go with an existing JServ app over to the box with
Tomcat.  I'll either rebuild it, or just re-do the app differently.

On a related matter - it's a bit tricky getting URLs/directories to
all map the same way from the existing app.  I've mostly sorta kinda
been able to get things to work, but I'm probably really hacking it
up badly.

How do others organize their Tomcat/Apache web application as far as
physical locations on the server and URLs, static vs. dynamic?  Any
rules of thumb about where to put things?

--
Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans

RE: Question...

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.
Jeff Sexton said:
> On a related matter - it's a bit tricky getting URLs/directories to
> all map the same way from the existing app.  I've mostly sorta kinda
> been able to get things to work, but I'm probably really hacking it
> up badly.
>
> How do others organize their Tomcat/Apache web application as far as
> physical locations on the server and URLs, static vs. dynamic?  Any
> rules of thumb about where to put things?

I have the same question, plus an additional one (I'm a newbie to Tomcat
and am getting frustrated with the documentation :/

Can users put JSP files in their Apache UserDir home directories, or do
all JSP files have to be in the Tomcat hierarchy? I suspect that some
users will have both PHP and JSP files around~is there a solution
documented somewhere?

Dave Newton