Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Doug Selph <do...@dougselph.com> on 2003/03/13 20:48:26 UTC

SOLVED - Strange Tomcat Admin Tool behavior

I had checked for this case with an earlier error, but neglected to do
so with the symptom reported below until today. Shame on me.

Found a reference in Google that seemed to point to an invalid session
as the cause. Browser was the beta of Apple's Safari. I have seen a
problem with using Safari to browse some sites that use cookies for
session tracking (linuxtoday.com is one such case where I could not
browse as anyone but an anonymous user), while others seem to do fine
with Safari and cookies. At any rate, I subsequently tried both Camino
(mozilla port on OS-X) and IE/Mac, and the administration tool worked
as expected under both.

Doug