Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <sp...@ipzs.it> on 2002/10/28 10:33:51 UTC

[SUMMARY]: document() XSLT function not working properly [WAS: Is this as anomaly ?]

Folks,

the anomaly I've found (document XSLT function returning a string instead of
a node-set) is linked to the Xalan version AND the incremental-processing
parameter.

It could be summarized as follows:

1) Xalan 2.2.0.D14 and incremental-processing set to "true": Error
2) Xalan 2.2.0.D14 and incremental-processing set to "false": Ok
3) Xalan 2.3.1 and incremental-processing set to "true": Ok
4) Xalan 2.3.1 and incremental-processing set to "false": Ok

Unfortunately, since Xalan 2.3.1 has a lot of bugs in it, I'm bounded to use
2.2.0.D14.
Therefore, I had to set the incremental-processing to "false" manually when
I switched to Cocoon 2.0.3, since the default is "true" (note: the default
is "false" in Cocoon 2.0.2, which explains why I didn't notice the problem
with that version of Cocoon).

Best regards,

P.S.
Vadim, thanks for the hint about Xalan !

Luca Morandini
lmorandini@ieee.org

     We are protected from the virus by Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition