Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Thuy Nguyen <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 06:35:59 UTC

sqoop report on invalid rows

Hi all,

I would like to export some data from hdfs to mysql, and certain values are
not in the format expected by mysql type, e.g. '1234 ' instead of '1234',
then sqoop will fail.

Is there a way to export valid data rows into a table, and report on
invalid data/rows?

Thanks,
Thuy

Re: sqoop report on invalid rows

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Thuy,
Sqoop currently requires you to have clean data set without any corruptions. I think that you can run custom mapreduce/pig job to clean the data up prior exporting them with Sqoop.

Jarcec