Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/27 17:01:24 UTC

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "StandardRequestHandler" by HossMan

> /!\ :TODO: /!\ whoa ... if you specify "score" it return all fields plus score ... is that the expected behavior?

Yep... it's kind of nonsensical to return a list of scores alone, and
since fl absent or fl="" returns all fields, I figured "score" could
be the same as "*,score".

It could probably easily be changed if someone can think of a reason
why they would really want *just* a list of scores.

I have no preference on this (and I never documented it).

-Yonik

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "StandardRequestHandler" by HossMan

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: It could probably easily be changed if someone can think of a reason
: why they would really want *just* a list of scores.
:
: I have no preference on this (and I never documented it).

I'm okay with this approach, i just wasn't sure if it was expected, and if
so if it should be documented.

I'm happy to leave it as is.

-Hoss