Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by zze-MORY Nicolas FTRD/DMI/REN <n....@rd.francetelecom.com> on 2003/03/12 16:56:51 UTC

linux bug ?

hello,

my problem is that with this syntax under linux server (tomcat+cocoon) i can have xhtml page but not html page.

<map:match pattern="*.xhtml">
 <map:read src="{1}.xhtml"/>
 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="*.html">
 <map:read src="{1}.html"/>
 <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

with this syntax under linux server (tomcat+cocoon) i can have html page but not xhtml page.
<map:match pattern="*.html">
 <map:read src="{1}.html"/>
 <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>
<map:match pattern="*.xhtml">
 <map:read src="{1}.xhtml"/>
 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

but under windows with this same configuration i can have the both.... anyone know why ?

Re: linux bug ?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Nicolas,

I don't know what's the difference between your linux and your windows
system. But I can say that it has nothing to do with the serializers you
think you use. A <map:read/> is a complete pipeline and does not use any
<map:serialize/>. They can completely be removed when using <map:read/>.
If you want to really parse the files and serialize them at the end, you
must use
<map:generate src="{1}.xhtml"/> or
<map:generate src="{1}.html" type="html"/>.

Regards,

Joerg