Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Hadar Hod <ha...@google.com.INVALID> on 2017/04/21 23:13:27 UTC

Help needed with WordCount commands

Hi everyone!

Your help is needed with the WordCount [1] documentation!

I'm a technical writer, continuing to work on Beam docs. In getting the
site ready for the 2.0 release, I added a “How to run” section to each of
the examples in the WordCount doc (staged here [2]). To be more exact, I
added a Java section and Python section for each example (MinimalWC, WC,
etc). Each section like this is broken down into the different runner
options so that users can toggle to the one they need.

*However(!)* the actual commands I added in the doc are guesses and have
not been tested for correctness. I’d like to ask for your help in finishing
up this page; If you know the correct directions for any of the runners /
examples / SDKs, please leave me a comment in PR 222 [3] that I have out.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Hadar

[1] https://beam.apache.org/get-started/wordcount-example/
[2] *http://apache-beam-website-pull-requests.storage.googleapis.com/222/get-started/wordcount-example/index.html
<http://apache-beam-website-pull-requests.storage.googleapis.com/222/get-started/wordcount-example/index.html>*
[3] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/222

Re: Help needed with WordCount commands

Posted by Hadar Hod <ha...@google.com.INVALID>.
Thanks to everyone who helped out with this PR[1].
We still need to verify the directions for the Apex, Flink, and Spark
runners.
If folks could take a look and just comment on the PR letting me know if
the directions are correct, that'd be really great.
Otherwise, I'll submit the PR with TODOs for now and file Jira issues for
the runners we still need verified.

Thanks again!

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/222

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com.INVALID>.