Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 22:48:19 UTC

Bounds checking in BItVector

I ran another test on the speed of BitVector vs. OpenBitSet.  Unless the
DocIdSetIterator is faster for OpenBitSet vs an equivalent for BitVector, BV
is faster when it's bounds checking is removed.  I'm trying to figure out a
good way to allow a modified version of BitVector that does not do bounds
checking.  BitVector is final, but perhaps making it non-final and creating
a FastBitVector instantiated by SegmentReader from a (is there an
alternative) system property is one way to go.