Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/08/15 02:55:33 UTC

tips on creating component library documentation?

I have a component library that I produced for internal use here at the
company (~30-40 components) and I need to document it so that other
people can use it easily. Other than hand formatting a lot of apt or
xdoc pages, is there an easy way to create component documentation using
maven2? I noticed that the tapestry docs are pretty much all xdoc. I'm
expecting to have to do some writing obviously, but does anyone have any
suggestions?

--
Dan Adams
Senior Software Engineer

Re: tips on creating component library documentation?

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
The two versions on the page are older, I have recently converted it to
be useable from maven2.
It is currently somewhat complicated, because there is no custom maven
plugin for it, instead the ant plugin is used.
(I had some serious classloading problems but now it seems to work OK.)

Regards,
Norbi

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I would stay away from xdoc if at all possible, I only used it because
Howard had created an xsl stylesheet to convert the old forrest docs over.
APT is much better.

There is always http://www.erinors.com/product/tapdoc/, but I've not heard
any updates lately about possible maven2 support.

On 8/14/06, Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> wrote:

> I have a component library that I produced for internal use here at the
> company (~30-40 components) and I need to document it so that other
> people can use it easily. Other than hand formatting a lot of apt or
> xdoc pages, is there an easy way to create component documentation using
> maven2? I noticed that the tapestry docs are pretty much all xdoc. I'm
> expecting to have to do some writing obviously, but does anyone have any
> suggestions?
>
> --
> Dan Adams
> Senior Software Engineer
> Interactive Factory
> 617.235.5857

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.