Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kevin LaVergne <kl...@comcast.net> on 2003/09/24 18:39:52 UTC

Ant 1.6 - Exception while declaring

Hi,

I am seeing the following message:

Caught exception (org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException) while expanding
jboss.classpath:
C:\views\klavergn_synergy_1.0\Public\${jboss.baseserver.dir}\lib not found.

In my buildfile, I am declaring a <path> element inside a target.  This
target is called (through "depends") from the "init" target.  I see this
same message several times before the target that actually declares the
<path> gets executed.  When the target does get executed, I see the following:

Overriding previous definition of reference to jboss.classpath

According to my understanding, the reference should not exist until the
target that declares the <path> is executed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin LaVergne

Re: Ant 1.6 - Exception while declaring

Posted by Kevin LaVergne <kl...@comcast.net>.
Peter,

It took me a little while, but I figured it out. I had another <path>
declaration that was not in a target that depended on one that was in the
target. Because of this I was getting the error message whenever the
buildfile was loaded. I saw it several times because I had some <antcall>
tasks that loaded the buildfile each time it was executed.

Thank you for your time.

Kevin

Posted by peter reilly <pe...@corvil.com>.