Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steven Coco <ma...@stevencoco.com> on 2006/04/27 22:11:50 UTC

Arbitrary Extension Definition in JAR Manifest! & Bug.

     Hello.

     I'm using the latest Maven release.  When I build my project, the
resulting Jar file's manifest contains an Extension-Name attribute along
with Specification and Implementation attributes.  The POM contains no
mention that this project is a Java optional package -- an "extension"
(or an extension of any other kind).
     I don't know why Maven is doing that.
     If Maven is doing this by default for some reason, it absolutely
shouldn't.  Maven should not identify my Jar as an optional package
unless I explicitly say so.  The name it uses for the extension name is
the POM's <artifactId>.  That's not even a UID!
     Is there something I can to do to prevent this?
     And a problem with it is that Maven sets the "Specification-Title"
to the value of the POM's <description>.  In my POM, this is a
multi-line value, and the resulting manifest is invalid -- Maven then
can't even load the jar that it just created itself!
     Does anyone know more about this?

     Thanks,
     - Steev Coco.