Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Mark Weaver <ma...@npsl.co.uk> on 2003/07/30 02:21:08 UTC

bug? assertion in XPath::findNodeSet

I've been fiddling around with docbook, and applying the
XalanTransformerCallback sample (unmodified this time) to a simple document
gives the following assertion:

Assertion failed: subQueryResults.getDocumentOrder(), file
\cvs\3rdparty\xml-xalan\c\src\XPath\XPath.cpp, line 3415.

It's in XPath::findNodeSet, and pretty deep in the transform call stack.
This is against the 1.5 release.

If you want to reproduce this, then the sample document is underneath, and
the stylesheets are docbook-xsl 1.61.3 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook.  I'm applying html/docbook.xsl.
(There is 1.2Mb of stuff in that so I haven't attached it).

Some pointers as to why this might happen might be nice, as I realise this
is nowhere near a minimal test case.

Thanks,

Mark

Sample document:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<book>
  <bookinfo>
    <title>An Example Book</title>

    <author>
      <firstname>Your first name</firstname>
      <surname>Your surname</surname>
      <affiliation>
      </affiliation>
    </author>
    <copyright>
      <year>2000</year>
      <holder>Copyright string here</holder>
    </copyright>
    <abstract>
      <para>If your book has an abstract then it should go here.</para>
    </abstract>
  </bookinfo>
  <preface>
    <title>Preface</title>
    <para>Your book may have a preface, in which case it should be placed
      here.</para>
  </preface>

  <chapter>
    <title>My first chapter</title>
    <para>This is the first chapter in my book.</para>
    <sect1>
      <title>My first section</title>
      <para>This is the first section in my book.</para>
    </sect1>
  </chapter>
</book>

Docbook - was: bug? assertion in XPath::findNodeSet

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    david> Hi Mark,

    david> Thanks for the report.  We really have to add docbook to
    david> our torture tests.

And a good way to do that would be to write the documentation in
docbook. That way you can't avoid testing it.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: bug? assertion in XPath::findNodeSet

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the report.  We really have to add docbook to our torture tests.
This triggers a bug for which I provided a partial fix earlier, but a full
fix is now in CVS.  Luckily, a release build will not assert, and will
produce the correct result.

Thanks again!

Dave

                      "Mark Weaver"
                      <mark@npsl.co.uk         To:      "Xalan-C-Users" <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      >                        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                               Subject: bug? assertion in XPath::findNodeSet
                      07/29/2003 05:21
                      PM