Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net> on 2014/04/09 18:15:52 UTC

Re: next UIMA workshop?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

> On 3/26/2014 9:44 AM, Jens Grivolla wrote:
> > Finally, despite the fact that UIMA does not appear in the title anymore,
> > would it be possible to have an announcement on the UIMA web page?
>
> I think so (unless others disagree).  Can you draft something?

I tried to prepare a draft for svnpubsub to see how it fits with the UIMA
site (without linking to it at first, of course), and created
uima-website/xdocs/coling14.xml
It then seems that I need to rebuild the site on my machine with ANT and
push the resulting changes in docs/, which I did.  The resulting page can
be seen at http://uima.apache.org/coling14.html and looks more or less ok.

I hope I didn't do anything wrong by committing directly to the site, but I
didn't find a good way to try it in the actual page layout and show the
results otherwise. In any case it's not linked from anywhere and shouldn't
affect any other parts of the site.

-- Jens

Re: next UIMA workshop?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 4/9/2014 12:15 PM, Jens Grivolla wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/26/2014 9:44 AM, Jens Grivolla wrote:
>>> Finally, despite the fact that UIMA does not appear in the title anymore,
>>> would it be possible to have an announcement on the UIMA web page?
>> I think so (unless others disagree).  Can you draft something?
>>
> I tried to prepare a draft for svnpubsub to see how it fits with the UIMA
> site (without linking to it at first, of course), and created
> uima-website/xdocs/coling14.xml
> It then seems that I need to rebuild the site on my machine with ANT and
> push the resulting changes in docs/, which I did.  The resulting page can
> be seen at http://uima.apache.org/coling14.html and looks more or less ok.
>
> I hope I didn't do anything wrong by committing directly to the site, but I
> didn't find a good way to try it in the actual page layout and show the
> results otherwise. In any case it's not linked from anywhere and shouldn't
> affect any other parts of the site.
Seems fine to me :-).  Please see about linking to it (perhaps from News and the
left-hand nav bar under Events and Conferences).  Thanks!  -Marshall