Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Jens Ivar Jørdre <ji...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/12 09:13:40 UTC

Conversion from HTML to MS DOC or DOCX

Ladies and gentlemen,

In my search for some decent java components that allows me to convert a set
of HTML files to Microsoft DOC or DOCX files, I have now stumbled upon Tika.
Could anyone please tell me if Tika is able to do this. A small piece of
code snippet would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Jens Ivar

--
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Re: Conversion from HTML to MS DOC or DOCX

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Thu, 12 May 2011, Jens Ivar Jørdre wrote:
> In my search for some decent java components that allows me to convert a
> set of HTML files to Microsoft DOC or DOCX files, I have now stumbled
> upon Tika. Could anyone please tell me if Tika is able to do this. A
> small piece of code snippet would be very much appreciated.

Tika goes the other way, sorry. Tika will happily generate you a HTML file
based on your Word (.doc or .docx) files

Nick